Saturday, October 4, 2008

Today is Gotcha Day.

Picture taken from airplane window.

Good Morning from Beijing. Well, we have been up since 3 am, but we went to bed around 8 pm so we are doing much better this morning. We meet our guide Celine at 8 am to go to the orphanage to get Eliana. This is the moment we have been waiting for for 11 years and I will tell you, I AM SCARED! I can't wait to share the moment with you. I know HE will concur all our fears and we are resting in that.

After we get her, our guide is going to take us shopping for supplies we may need. We will then be dropped off at our hotel again and will be on our own until the day after tomorrow...

It is 4:29am now and we are going to get ready for our day. I think it will be shower, food (I'm starved we didn't eat dinner) and then off to Eliana!

Mary why did you have to leave. Tami, I sure wish you were here. I'm so sorry that you are not.

Photobucket

11 comments:

Tami said...

Oh, April! I wish I was there, too! Maybe I will be there in a week?
It's Gotcha Day!!! YAY!
(don't forget to blow kisses to my Abraham)
Love,
Tami

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

This is it!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!! I can't wait to see Eliana in your arms! Praise God!!!!!

Jewels of My Heart said...

Oh, April.......................... I have tears in my eyes and no words that even begin to express the emotions, the joy welling up within me my dear friend.... joy for your precious daughter who may be in her Mama's arms this very moment.... and joy for you.... a Mommy who finally has her baby.
God has answered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jewels of My Heart said...

Do you have her in your arms yet????? It is 9:28! I can't help it.... I am soooooooo excited for you 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will leave you alone now... I will be praying...
love you

bugs parents said...

We'll be praying for you. Can't wait to see pictures of you with your little girl in your arms!

Paula said...

Oh my gosh I'm on pins and needles waiting to see you with Eliana. Glad everything is going well.
Love you lots!!

Jewels of My Heart said...

If you have a hidden counter and you see that someone in GA is hitting on your blog constantly.... no worries.... you don't have a stalker... it's just me.... Auntie Daleea
heheee
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmwa!

3 Little Monkeys said...

Patrick & April, What a wonderful day! We are sharing in the joy of Eliana joining the Holm family! Congratulations!!! We love you. : ) Happy happy day!
Love, Rachel

Truly Blessed said...

OMW -- so quick!

It's 10:40 pm Sat. night here, so you must be close. I cannot stand the anticipation! I'll be checking back often to see pictures, but may have to crash, you know how it goes.

SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!

G and C said...

Patrick and April,

We will have to call you Daddy and Mommy now! Can't wait to see pictures of all three of you together forever at last. Praying for you!
Love,
Cheri

Paulette said...

Make sure you eat when you can. The next few day will be the hardest but the most rewording and memorable of your life.