Friday, October 17, 2008

Home Sweet Home!

We are home. We got home last night around 5:45 pm and it had been 26 or so hours since we last were able to sleep. The flight home was much better than we expected. Praise the Lord.

I hope to get this all put together soon so I can tell you. It is now Saturday and I didn't get this posted yesterday. Sorry, we are in quite a mess and it is driving me crazy. When we got home (Thursday) Patrick had to go to the store to get food and then we cooked up some dinner, cleaned the kitchen and went to bed. All of us slept until 10:47 am or so and then we realized that we need to do MAJOR baby proofing. She is into EVERYTHING and we are loving it. Yesterday, we ran to Target to get some clothes for Eliana. It is very cool here and the only 18-month items I have are warmer weather clothes, so we had to get her items that fit and that are warmer. I know I'm babbling and not making much sense, but I'm trying to tell you something. :-)

Patrick is feeling better after being sick, but I seem to have something again. I am feeling better today. I'm sure wishing I had requested the meals earlier would work, but I thought my FIL was going to stay for a few days, so I didn't want to ask for even more food. Don't worry, we did made it to the store yesterday so we have at least grilled cheese and soup to eat. Eliana is napping right now, so that is why I am able to write. I can't touch my computer without her wanting to talk to Nai Nai on Skype. It is so cute, but really...doesn't she know my computer is my addiction? lol While at Target yesterday we found a little play laptop in the budget section so we bought it. I am going to hold onto it for her birthday in two weeks. My hope is to bring it out for our computer time and she will want hers not mine. We'll see...hopeful...optimistic...confident (yeah right, I have a 2 year old). :-)

Eliana is just precious though and is doing SO SO SO much better at home. She is a totally different little girl most of the time. We still have rages occasionally , but they are less often now. PTL I am having problems figuring out what to feed her. I made her congee last night and she liked that, but outside of that and eggs with soy sauce she doesn't want anything, but rice crackers and junk. I tried this morning to sneak some dried apricot into her congee--very small dices and she spit it all out every time a little tiny bit got into her mouth. Last night was the same with broccoli. At least she is drinking tons of water and will take her bottle 2x a day, which is getting some nutrition into her.

We are so happy to be home and thank all of you who have been sending presents, flowers and balloons. I will try to get thank you notes out soon, but I am having a problem learning how to be a mom and keeping a house going at the same time. I need a house cleaner and a cook. Can I go back to China for the food and maid service? That doesn't sound good though because Eliana wouldn't be doing so well.

Okay, I have to try to do something while she sleeps. Watch for pictures later. Patrick will add some. Love to all.

Photobucket

8 comments:

Jewels of My Heart said...

So thankful you are doing well.... you will get a rythem going... it just takes time.
Love you my friend.... give my neice a big hug!

Jewels of My Heart said...

So thankful you are doing well.... you will get a rythem going... it just takes time.
Love you my friend.... give my neice a big hug!

Jewels of My Heart said...

So thankful you are doing well.... you will get a rythem going... it just takes time.
Love you my friend.... give my neice a big hug!

dawn said...

Welcome home.

It takes more than five minutes to find your stride. It happens when you least expect it so for now put on a blindfold and ignore the mess )or do what we did and hire someone else to clen it for you!)

Now is your time to enjoy being home....the house will still be messy even when you have been home for a while. For such little tiny people they sure know how to "mix it all up"

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait for tomorrow for babies grow up we learn to our sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Welcome home!!! You've been keeping me in MAJOR suspense over here. Thank God Eliana's mommy can alter the dress. LOL She is too cute for words! Love those beautiful round eyes! Lauren is a soup addict. Have you tried soup? Also, most kids love the Ramon soup and I like that its 10 for a dollar. You can chop up some carrots or veggies to throw in the water while its boiling. Also, for extra nutrition I add baby vitamin drops to Lauren's bottle. I also add 1 scoop of Gerber's rice ceral for every 2 ounces of milk. But you have to have the fast flowing cross cut nipples. Does Eliana like yogurt? Once the jet lag passes you'll find your comfort zone. You're doing a great job!

Paula said...

Yay, you're home. Welcome home!!!
I'll give you a call tomorrow.

Tina said...

OH, I'm SO glad you're there and everything is going good. I've been checking your other site and waiting for an update.....
Sorry I'm not closer, I'd come over and cook and clean for ya!
Love
Tina