Today has been an exhausting day, but lots of great moments. Eliana is napping right now and Baba is out getting some things (including smaller diapers) for Eliana.
First thing this morning we made Sk*pe calls to Nai Nai & Popsi and then to Gramps. While we were talking to Gramps Sierra got on his lap and Eliana started pointing at Sierra and smiled after a while. I got out her photo book that had Sierra in it and she pointed at the book and then at the computer. She seemed excited and knows her puppy. :-) Then we went down to breakfast and she ate and ate. We had such a good time and she was all smiles and was playing while we ate. We took her temperature before breakfast and we couldn't get the thermometer away from her afterwards. :-) She is happy as long as she has something in both hands.
We were finally sent down to the coffee shop on the second floor to have coffee and see if she would calm down. It worked like a charm. We were sitting there having coffee, I looked out the window and low and behold I was looking at the C C A A! I have added the picture below.
Tomorrow we will be changing rooms to a king size room which will be so much better for Baba who feels like a giant over here. Beijing is amazing and it is so large, but your still feel like you are in China. I absolutely love it here. The smells are very unique and I know that Eliana will miss those at home. I wish there was a way to keep those for her. She is just such a sweet little girl.
My favorite moment of the day -- She had been walking around with me in tow and she saw something that made her nervous and she turned to me and through her tears said Mama and lifted her arms to be held. It melted my already-melted heart. She has been clinging to me all day and she wanted nothing to do with Patrick until we got back here at the hotel, and then only briefly. I think it's just a big case of tired!
Thank you all for your comments. They mean so much to us and we love reading them. We are having the time of our lives. I have never been happier. I am Eliana's Mum, for that I am thanking the Lord!


13 comments:
You got your first "Mama" with outstretched arms and everything...already? That is SO AWESOME! Hang in there Patrick she will be calling for Baba before long too. Lovin' all the pictures!
Hugs,
Cheri
Oh she looks so happy. I am so glad because she has the best Ma Ma and Ba Ba in the world, who have the cuties and sweetes little girl in all China. Love Mom
and that smile could melt the toughest guy!!1
So Sweet!!!
Wow Eliana you are so blessed your Mommy is so in love with you!
Smiles and blue skies in Beijing -- what a great day!
How cool that you saw the CC*AA building -- I never thought to look for it (and am, frankly, a little amazed that the name is so prominently displayed on the building!).
I'm sure the people at the notary office have seen and heard babies melt down before. Eliana's not the first and certainly won't be the last!
I loved your phrase, "she melted my already-melted heart" -- isn't that an apt summary of becoming a Mommy? I'm so happy for all of you. But we need to see some pictures of Daddy with his little princess, please!
What a dream come true! Thank the Lord for the bonding between you and Eliana. Be sure and share her with Patrick... ; ) She is just so adorable! Love you all : )
Sounds like everyone is doing very well. Love the blue skies in Beijing. Looks like you got the best weather possible there. No smog for you! Adorable pictures of your little princess.
OH she melts my heart too! Robin is right... she does look like her Mama! Look at that smile. oh, she is just so beautiful! Thank you for sharing your moment when she reached up to you and said Mama.............. beyond words....
How fun to hear you say it was a beautiful day in Beijing....
God has ANSWERED!
you are in my prayers...
love you,
Daleea
Oh, I have goosebumps- she called you mama and put her arms up!!! Just wonderful :)
Eliana looks like one happy little girl!!! Praise God! Its so exciting to turn on the computer in the morning and check for Eliana updates. How sweet to see her with Baba! Lauren had the cough/sinus thing going on for a few months until she rid the pollution in her lungs. Blue skies in Beijing....another gift from God!!! Out of two weeks the only blue sky we saw was on Gotcha Day! I'm just so happy for you! Isn't it just the most amazing feeling to FINALLY be a Mama?!! Nothing from the "wait" matters anymore...your daughter is where she was meant to be!!!! What size does Eliana wear?
That CAN'T be Beijing! It is illegal for the skies to be blue there!!!!
Glad you are getting adjusted!
Oh, what a nice feeling for you to want you when she is feeling sad. She is so cute in the pics and she looks happy. She is transitioning very well! Poor Patrick, I bet his feet were hanging off the old bed. The king will be much better like you said. This time of year looks beautiful in China! That must have been nice for you to see Sierra on Skype. Eliana will love her.
So happy things are going well...she is beautiful!!
oh what beautiful pictures.
Congratulations, you're a mum!!
I'm so glad things are going well, she has the most beautiful smile and I can't wait to see more pictures!!!
Love
Tina
Post a Comment