Monday, December 7, 2009

We made it.

We made it safe and somewhat sound. We leave in just 30 minutes to get Willow. Yesterday was a very hard day of lots of sleep deprivation. Eliana went to bed at 4pm and woke up at 12:30ish am and we had a bottle and back to bed until 5:25am. That is WAY more than she sleeps at home, but after only sleeping 5 hours on the way here she needed it. I (April) was in really bad shape and almost passed out a couple of times. Much better today and so thankful. Yesterday I was in tears all day and a little out of my mind. Good think we were not getting Willow yesterday.

It is so sad here and a mess. The whole island is under MAJOR construction and it really feels like a bombed city with how much debris and obsticals are around. Eliana is scared of all the machinery so we are carrying her everywhere which works out better anyway so she can feel safe and secure. Emotionally she has been on a roller coaster with everyone in her face and touching here, but we are really working with her.

I will try to post pictures soon, but I'm not sure what our lives will look like in just a little while. Please please pray.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Bless your heart, I remember how exhausted we were those first couple of days (mentally and physically). I pray you got some rest and that the girls sleep good so you can too!
Tina